Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Powerful Paragraphs

Recently we have started doing powerful paragraphs. Powerful paragraphs is where we are given an image and then we have to right a detailed paragraph about that picture. We don't just have to describe what we see, we can also write what we think is going to happen next or we can write as if we were there or if there was an animal in the picture we can write as if we were the animal. When we are writing our paragraphs we try to add in some similes and metaphors to make it more interesting. We have been doing this to help us improve our writing and learn about similes, metaphors and other things like that. We normally do them in the mornings as a starter activity and they are also really fun to do. We normally get around 10 to 15 minutes to write our paragraphs and then in the middle of that time we will stop writing even if we haven't finished and some of us will share what we have written so far. We have done about 3 powerful paragraphs so far but here is a photo of one of the pictures I have written about and also the writing I did for it. For this one I wrote what was happening and what I could see.


I can see the beautiful sunrise the sky's lighting up and all of the trees growing above. " What a great way to start my day ". There is bright green grass, chocolate brown trees and marshmallow looking clouds in the sky. I see the bright yellow sun blinding my eyes as it slowly rises.

4 comments:

  1. wow lily I love how you describe what we did on this task good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work very detailed and interesting keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yean it to much fun good work lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lily,
    Good job on your writing, I really liked how yo wrote it.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete