Pages

Friday 7 August 2020

Recount about my school cross country

Yesterday on Thursday out whole school jumped on to 2 different buses to head to our school cross country. It was held at the Cutler's farm.

I was super nervous that day. When we got there we all went to this area where we were going to be sitting. After that my teacher talked to the whole school about what was going to happen next. Then all the helpers that were going to be on the track, went to their places. 

Once we were all ready, we started. The year eight's went first. By this time I was getting even more nervous because it was getting closer and closer to my race. After the year eight's it was year year sevens then year six's, which is my year level.

We lined up and got shown us the track. we then stretched and the boy's went first. We waited a bit for them and then we lined up. Go! and we were off. The longer I was running the more tired I got. We were running 3 km. The track was mostly dry but there was this one spot where we got wet. I got closer and closer to the end and finished in first place, I was super happy.

After the race I had a drink of water and some food and cheered on the rest of the runners and the other races. My favourite part of cross country was hearing everyone cheer you on and finishing the race.

1 comment: